DIRECT FROM MANUFACTURE
15 YEARS EXPERIENCE
School Toilet Refurbishment and Design
We are a family run company specialising in school toilet refurbishment. The education sector accounts for a significant number of our completed school toilet refurbishment projects, which include Nursery Toilets, School Toilets, and washrooms used by older children. We are the specialists in school toilet refurbishment.
And at first glance, this statement may seem very obvious to an education professional.
However, in a recent survey conducted by BOG Standard, it was revealed that 55% of secondary school toilets showed signs of vandalism and were in need of a school toilet refurbishment. Almost 6 in 10 schools did not have any disabled toilets, 23% did not have hot or warm water, and 43% of school toilets were described as smelly.
“School toilets are vital. They might be the smallest rooms in the school but they can have one of the biggest impacts on pupil health, education and happiness.”
School Toilet Refurbishment
Lan Services specialise in the design, project management, and complete refurbishment of toilet areas, changing rooms, and shower facilities for schools and other education facilities.
In school buildings, these areas are often subject to frequent use and high abuse. As such we are confident of the vandal resistant expertise we are able to provide. We are uniquely placed to advise on the most appropriate washroom products suitable for schools.
We will undertake the full “turn-key” school toilet refurbishment inclusive of room design and CAD layout. Quotes include the removal of the existing materials, and installation of school toilet cubicles, floors, walls, ceilings, sanitaryware, plumbing, and electrical fittings such as hand dryers.
Our team will work closely with you to ensure you are able to make the most of your budget. We aim to achieve a clean, fresh, washroom design leading to a complete school toilet refurbishment.
As veterans of school toilet refurbishment, we have a number of standard school toilet refurbishment specifications to suit the individual school’s budget. For more specialist needs we are happy to create a bespoke washroom specification.
Agreeing on the final specification forms part of our washroom design approach. The total costs are presented and agreed before work starts so as to avoid hidden extras.
Our Washroom Refurbishment Process
Contact us today to discuss your specific washroom needs
Site Visit & Survey
We come to visit your school to understand the extent of the work.
We provide you with a quote and start drawing up designs.
We provide a full supply and fit service to complete your school washroom.
Nursery School Toilets
We know the specifications for nursery school toilets inside out, from the nursery toilet cubicles to the heights of the sinks, we ensure the space is designed to meet the needs of smaller children.
Primary School Washroom Refurbishment
Toilets in primary schools need to cater for children of varying ages, ensuring accessibility and privacy for all. We have a vast amount of experience in primary school washroom refurbishment.
Secondary School Toilet Refurbishment
Secondary school toilets need to be hardy and durable. We design secondary school toilets with anti-vandal products and a layout which ensures privacy and ease of use throughout for children of varying ages.
College And University Toilets
We don’t just refurbish schools, we are also highly experienced at meeting the needs of higher education establishments and have completed many college and university projects to the highest of standards.
Education Case Studies
Baden-Powell Primary SchoolView Case Study
Matravers School, WiltshireView Case Study
Bournemouth and Poole CollegeView Case Study
Ryefield PrimaryView Case Study
School Dormitory in BerkshireView Case Study
London AcademyView Case Study
Oxford & Cherwell Valley CollegeView Case Study
School Project, PortsmouthView Case Study
Talbot Heath SchoolView Case Study
Ernest Bevin College, LondonView Case Study
Washroom Project for a Private Secondary School, HorshamView Case Study
Stourfield Primary SchoolView Case Study
School Toilet Regulations
The Department of Education sets out specific school toilet regulations which schools must adhere to. At Lan Services, we are fully compliant with all government regulations concerning school toilets and are here to guide our clients on the best course of action to ensure they are meeting the standards.
The Department for Education’s advice on standards for school premises includes the following in regards to school toilets:
- Suitable toilet and washing facilities should be provided for the sole use of pupils
- Girls and boys over 8 years old should have access to separate toilet facilities, except where the toilet can be secured from the inside and is intended for use by one pupil at a time
- Children over 11 years old who receive physical education should have access to suitable changing accommodation and showers
- Handwashing facilities should be provided within the immediate vicinity of every toilet
- School toilets should be adequately ventilated and lit and should be situated in easy to access areas where staff can provide supervision if necessary whilst not compromising the student’s privacy
- Toilets for disabled pupils should be provided with one toilet and one washbasin and should open directly onto a circulation space which is not a staircase. Pupils should be able to secure the disabled toilet from the inside
- Toilets and urinals should have an adequate supply of cold water
- Washing facilities should have an adequate supply of hot (43ºC maximum) and cold water
- Suitable drinking water facilities should be provided, separate from the toilet facilities and signposted as drinking water
The Department of Education’s school toilet regulations do not specify a set number of toilets that a school should have. They do, however, recommend the following number of toilets per person:
- One toilet and one washbasin for every 10 pupils under 5 years old
- One toilet and one washbasin for every 20 pupils aged 5 – 11 years old
- One toilet for every 20 pupils aged 11 or over, but there is scope to reduce the number of washbasins where the washing facilities are shared
Thinking of upgrading your washroom?
Lan Services are able to carry out washroom refurbishment projects across the majority of the South of England. With installation teams positioned in both London and Dorset, we are able to take project enquiries from across the regions. Contact us today!