Vandal Proof & Public Toilets Refurbishment
DIRECT FROM MANUFACTURE
15 YEARS EXPERIENCE
The refurbishment of public washrooms and public toilets to a vandal proof standard requires a particular level of expertise and specialist knowledge of these facilities within the commercial washrooms sector.
Integrating vandal proof toilets, toilet cubicles and other vandal resistant washroom materials needs to happen as part of a full public washrooms design process, prior to the actual refurbishment.
Lan Services provides a complete public commercial washrooms design and public toilet refurbishment service to locations and facilities requiring particular vandal proof or anti ligature fixtures and fittings.
Examples of such environments that require vandal proof toilets include Police stations, prisons, detention centers, rehab clinics, Hospitals, School Toilets, factories, train stations and public toilets.
Products and materials specially designed for the toughest environments, such as our vandal proof public toilets ensure the washroom or bathroom is not only robust and impact resistant, but also protects users with their anti-ligature and anti-shatter capabilities. Other design features of these public washrooms may include fire resistant materials and lockable plumbing access.
The modern anti-vandal washroom is made for the toughest environments, but designed to look clean and inviting.
Our Washroom Refurbishment Process
Contact us today to discuss your specific washroom needs
Site Visit & Survey
We come to visit your school to understand the extent of the work.
We provide you with a quote and start drawing up designs.
We provide a full supply and fit service to complete your school washroom.
Being both durable and low maintenance are the two hallmarks of a well-designed vandal resistant washroom, as well as being the two main aims of our public toilet refurbishment service.
The fittings to make a vandal resistant public toilet should be strong enough to stand up to the abuse received by today’s unattended public washrooms, while still being easy to clean and look after. Low maintenance is key for public toilets and washrooms, and incorporating our vandal proof toilets into this service achieves this.
At Lan Services we have extensive experience of striking this harmonious balance in our public toilet refurbishment projects, in anywhere from motorway service station toilets, to public facilities in busy town centres.
Vandal resistant toilets in public washrooms don’t all have to be stainless steel. If you are looking to install a highly durable washroom, but need to retain a certain level of comfort with contemporary design, we can advise on vandal resistant toilets and accessory options that tick both boxes.
Public washrooms and bathrooms are often the most vulnerable to abuse and vandalism, but must regardless of treatment be available for those members of the public who require them most.
For longevity, and protection against accidental and deliberate damage, or just simple premature wear and tear in high use public washrooms, vandal resistant toilets and features are a common and sensible choice for many environments, and a fixture in our public toilet refurbishment service.
Vandal Proof Toilets
We supply a range of different styles of vandal proof toilets that are perfect for public washrooms, with a variety of highly-durable styles and designs to choose from for your public toilet refurbishment.
Vandal Proof Urinals
For mens public washrooms, we supply a range of vandal proof urinals as part of our public toilet refurbishment service, that are designed to have a high-degree of resistance, and perfect for more vulnerable areas like public washrooms.
Vandal Proof Basins
We also supply a range of vandal proof basins to accompany our vandal proof toilets that are perfect for public washrooms, offering many finishes and aesthetics depending on the look required for your public toilet refurbishment.
We have a variety of toilet cubicles for sale that are designed perfectly for public washrooms, made from different vandal resistant materials with different styles, to suit any public toilet refurbishment project.
Hand Washing Stations
Hand washing stations are a convenient solution for public washrooms, offering washbasins, taps and soap dispensers in one tidy unit. Our hand washing stations promote good hygiene and health, and come in vandal resistant materials such as stainless steel, making them perfect for public washrooms.
Hand dryers are another must-have product for public washrooms looking to maintain good standards of hygiene and health, while also maintaining a more modern aesthetic, with dryer designs like our blade hand dryers.
School Toilet Regulations
The Department of Education sets out specific school toilet regulations which schools must adhere to. At Lan Services, we are fully compliant with all government regulations concerning school toilets and are here to guide our clients on the best course of action to ensure they are meeting the standards.
The Department for Education’s advice on standards for school premises includes the following in regards to school toilets:
- Suitable toilet and washing facilities should be provided for the sole use of pupils
- Girls and boys over 8 years old should have access to separate toilet facilities, except where the toilet can be secured from the inside and is intended for use by one pupil at a time
- Children over 11 years old who receive physical education should have access to suitable changing accommodation and showers
- Handwashing facilities should be provided within the immediate vicinity of every toilet
- School toilets should be adequately ventilated and lit and should be situated in easy to access areas where staff can provide supervision if necessary whilst not compromising the student’s privacy
- Toilets for disabled pupils should be provided with one toilet and one washbasin and should open directly onto a circulation space which is not a staircase. Pupils should be able to secure the disabled toilet from the inside
- Toilets and urinals should have an adequate supply of cold water
- Washing facilities should have an adequate supply of hot (43ºC maximum) and cold water
- Suitable drinking water facilities should be provided, separate from the toilet facilities and signposted as drinking water
The Department of Education’s school toilet regulations do not specify a set number of toilets that a school should have. They do, however, recommend the following number of toilets per person:
- One toilet and one washbasin for every 10 pupils under 5 years old
- One toilet and one washbasin for every 20 pupils aged 5 – 11 years old
- One toilet for every 20 pupils aged 11 or over, but there is scope to reduce the number of washbasins where the washing facilities are shared
Thinking of upgrading your washroom?
Lan Services are able to carry out washroom refurbishment projects across the majority of the South of England. With installation teams positioned in both London and Dorset, we are able to take project enquiries from across the regions. Contact us today!